Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ស្ពានអូរតាគី

History of the Song: ស្ពានអូរតាគី  / Spean Otaki / Otaki Bridge
Translated from Kong Bun Chhoeun Memoir's "Golden Love Poem"  by Borisot Khmer 


Sinn Sisamouth
Has Salan


   Sing by: Sinn Sisamouth
   Arrangement by: Has Salan
   Released in: 1974 with album
  "Komlos Hond Kanha P.C."








I was born in Phoum Beoung Prieng Khoum Tmar Koal, Srok Battambang according to my parents. When I was about 2-3 years old, my parents relocated. I chose Khoum Jomka Somrong as my permanent resident.  It was the place that I lived the longest and had the most childhood memories. Nevertheless, I still miss Phoum Boeung Prieng that was a place to farm (Srae Barung) in the Republic Party. 

The roads, starting from Spean Otaki all the way to Mongkol Borei Serei Sorphon, were full of fond memories of stories and events of my adolescent and teenage romances. It would also reminded me of a lifestyle as a railroad worker whose life was dictated by the paths of these metal rails.

 

Life as a railroad worker was a constant struggle but love and honesty was as straight and steady as a metal track. A smuggler, in the dark market, had brought with him bad news about the railroad worker's romance.

This song has not a word of Boeung Prieng associated with it, but my goal was to be reminded of it starting with Spean Otaki because it was a true location of where the romance had taken place. The romance was not successful as I had hoped. It is still in my dream without borders in a state that is full of lost hope and despair.

This song was written and recorded at the same time as a few others in the album "Komlos Honda Kanha P.C." that is still popular today.

Spean Otaki



                          ស្ពានអូរតាគី

និពន្ធបទភ្លេង / ទំនុកច្រៀង      សម្រួលតន្រ្តី           ច្រៀងដោយ
គង្គ-ប៊ុនឈឿន                     ហាស់-សាឡន        ស៊ីន-ស៊ីសាមុត

INTRO -  ស្ពាន​អូរ​តា​គី​ បើ​ឣ្នកដឹង​រឿង​ខ្ញុំ​...
សូម​ជួយលាក់ផង កុំប្រាប់ឣ្នកណាឱ្យ​សោះ!...

I. ​សម្រក់​ទឹកខ្មៅ​ ​លើ​ដំបៅ​ចាស់​
​​នឹក​ឡើង​សែន​ខ្មាស ​ស្ពាន​អូរ​តា​គី​
​កាល​បង​និង​អូន​សាង​ក្បូន​ជីវី­­​ ​ៗ​
​​ក្រោម​ដើម​គគីរ​ ក្នុង​ខ្ទម​ទុរគត ។​

II. អូន​តាម​ម្តាយ​ទៅ​ ​មង្គលបុរី​
​​គ្មាន​ផ្ញើ​សម្តី​ ​ ​ឱ្យ​បង​មួយ​ម៉ាត់​
​បង​ជា​កម្មករ​រថភ្លើង​កម្សត់​ ​ៗ​
​​លួច​ផ្ញើ​សំបុត្រ​ ​តាម​អ្នករត់ពន្ធ ។​
·
R. ​ស្រាប់តែ​ ​ ​អូន​មាន​ថ្មី​ហើយ​
​ជីវិត​ខ្ញុំ​អើយ​ ​ ​ទុក្ខ​ស្នេហ៍​សែន​ធ្ងន់​
​​ម្តាយ​អូន​ជេរ​ផ្ញើ​តាម​អ្នករ­­ត់ពន្ធ​ ​ៗ
​​មើលងាយ​រិះគន់​ ​ថា​បង​ក្រ​ខ្លាំង ។​

III. ស្ពាន​អូរ​តា​គី​  ​ ​ស្ពាន​អូរ​តា​កែ​
​ឱ​ពពាលខែ​ ​ ​និង​ស្រែ​បារាំង​
​​បើ​ដឹង​រឿង​ខ្ញុំ​សូម​ជួយ​បិទ­­បាំង​ ​ៗ
​​ធ្វើ​ជា​រនាំង​ ​ ​បាំង​ស្នេហ៍​នេះ​ផង ។​

No comments:

Post a Comment