Tuesday, June 18, 2013

សម្រស់នាងចែវទូកដរ

History of the Song: សម្រស់នាងចែវទូកដរ / Somros Neang Jaev Touk Dar
Translated from Kong Bun Chhoeun Memoir's "Golden Love Poem"  by Borisot Khmer 


Sinn Sisamouth
Has Salan


   Sing by: Sinn Sisamouth
   Arrangement by: Has Salan
   Released in: 1974 with album
  "Komlos Hond Kanha P.C."








I wrote this song in memory of my mom and to commemorate her birthplace of Khoum Preak Loung.    Even though I had left this place since I was young, everytime i went back to visit, I always hear people say that I have relative all over the place in this village. 

That is why every time I went from Phoum Doun Teav to Phoum Preak Loung I would always see this beautiful woman of my dream taking me across the river with her paddle boat. A single man when set sight at a beautiful woman would naturally have that tendency to want to start something romantic. But this woman that paddled me across the river not only made me secretly fell in love with her, but I also felt sympathetic towards her as well since she was deaf, unable to speak.

 

After doing some digging and asking around, I found out that this woman was somewhat a distant relative, very distant that we were merely strangers.

Nevertheless, I would always dream of those days, of the scenery and the simple, sad and lonesome lifestyle that those villagers lead along the river banks. Through those memories that I had gathered, I came up with this song to remind me of those days that I rode on a paddle boat to visit my village when I met a beautiful woman that was deaf and could not speak.



To clarify, those that have visited Phoum Doun Teav in Battambang province, would know exactly what this paddle boat would look like. It is a small boat. It has one or two paddles. It has a roof for transporting passengers/visitors across the river and the fair is based upon the distance traveled. 

                             

                   សម្រស់នាងចែវទូកដរ

និពន្ធបទភ្លេង / ទំនុកច្រៀង      សម្រួលតន្រ្តី             ច្រៀងដោយ
គង្គ-ប៊ុនឈឿន                     ហាស់-សាឡន          ស៊ីន-ស៊ីសាមុត    ​​        
 

I. ជិះទូក​តាម​ស្ទឹង​ ​ប្រឹង​លបមើល​ស្រី​
​​ធម្មជាតិ​ស្រស់​ខៀវ​ខ្ចី​ ​ក្តាំងងារ​ព្រែកស្តី​ ​ព្រៃ​វាល​អន្លក់
​ស្ទឹង​ចាស់ ព្រែក​ហ្លួង​ ​ទ្រូង​ជាប់​ជ័រ​ឆក់​
​​ក្រោម​ភ្លៀងរលឹម​តក់ៗ​ ​ជួប​ផ្កា​ខ្ចី​ល្ហក់​ ​ឆើត​ឆាយ ។​

II. បង​ជា​ទេសចរ​ ​ជិះ​ទូកដរ​អូន​
​គន់មើល​ផ្កា​ស្រ​ពោន​ ​ដៃ​តូច​ស្រ​ឡូ​ន​គាស់​ទឹក​បែកខ្ចាយ​
​កុលាប វត្ត​កែវ​ ​ល្អគន់​មិន​ណា​យ​
​ខ្ចីល្ហក់សក់ខ្មៅរំសាយ​ ​បង​តែង​ចុត​ហ្មា​យ​សុំ​ស្នេហ៍ ។​ 

R. តែ​កម្ម​អាក្រក់​ ​ដក់​ត្រាំ​ង​ដួងចិត្ត​
​ដូច​មេឃងងឹត​ ​ព្រាត់​ពី​ដួង​ខែ​
​​កុលាប​ឆើត​ស្រស់​ ​មាន​សម្ផស្ស​ស្នេហ៍​
​​ផលកម្ម​បំបែរ​ ​ឱ្យ​គ​និយាយ​មិន​រួច ។​

III. បង​អារ​ឈាម​ស្រោច​ ​ក្នុង​ស្ទឹង​សង្កែ​
​​ក្រោម​ពន្លឺដួងខែ​ ​ផ្សង​ឱ្យ​ជួប​ស្នេហ៍​កុលាប​ថ្ពាល់ខួច​
​​កុលាប វត្ត​កែវ​នេត្រា​មុត​ស្រួច​
​សូមឱ្យ​បាន​និយាយ​រួច​  ​ឱ្យដឹង​ថា​បង​លួច​ស្នេហ៍ ។​

No comments:

Post a Comment