Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ម្លប់ដូងទី ១០

History of the Song: ម្លប់ដូងទី ១០ / Mloup Doung Ti Doub / Shade of the 10th Coconut Tree
Translated from Kong Bun Chhoeun Memoir's "Golden Love Poem"  by Borisot Khmer


Sinn Sisamouth
Has Salan


   Sing by: Sinn Sisamouth
   Arrangement by: Has Salan
   Released in: 1974 with album
  "Komlos Hond Kanha P.C."







Battambang  province was where i was born and raise in a situation of inadequacy.  Songkae River was my source of livelihood in which I used my writing to make a living as a poet and author. Not only that, it was a place where i had countless memories of love during my adolescence and teenage years.

Among the a group of coconut trees that was situated in a straight row across the river on the west bank, there was one tree that stood directly in front of a temple in an open field. There was also a stone bench that i used to sit and relax every time when the water was flooding or receding.

This song started as an incident in my life during my writing back in 1969 but i just kept it as a log in my journal not released to any singers yet. It was the lowest point of my life, my mom had gotten sick and died under someone's house. I gave up my writing and was unemployed subsequently...

 

There was this neighbor's daughter that we had secretly fell in love with and she had swear and promised me that she would only love me too. It turned out that she abandoned me with no remorse.  One time, we had set a meeting at the bank of the Songkae River under the shade of the 10th coconut tree but she did not show up even though i had reminded her in the daytime to promise to show up.  I waited and waited.  

The water floods, rapids wildly in the river, making a bubbly spray and  mists as it makes its way to the Tonle Sap River never to return. And with it my hopeless love, leaving my heart bruised and injured...

It was not until 1972 that I started to gather everything up once again and get ready to work on recording this song.  Mr. Sinn Sisamouth was the singer of this song. He sang this song as though he was reliving my pain of a lost love that had begun and ended at the bank of the Songkae River.

This song appears in the album " Komlos Honda Kanha P.C." that is much loved by music lovers then and now.


 

                    ម្លប់ដូងទីដប់ 

និពន្ធបទភ្លេង / ទំនុកច្រៀង      សម្រួលតន្រ្តី             ច្រៀងដោយ
គង្គ-ប៊ុនឈឿន                     ហាស់-សាឡន          ស៊ីន-ស៊ីសាមុត  


I. មើល​ស្ទឹង​សង្កែ​ ​មើល​ខ្សែទឹក​ហូរ​ ​រគាំង​វត្ត​ពោធិ​
​លាយ​នឹង​ជំនោ​រ​ ​ថ្ងួចថ្ងូរ​ផ្តាំទឹកជំនន់
​រៃ​យំ​ទ្រ​ហ៊ឹង​ ​លា​ស្ទឹង​កវីនិពន្ធ​
​សុរិយា​ទោរទន់​ ​ពួន​ក្រោយ​ផ្ទះ​ស្រី ។​

II. ដើម​ដូង​ទី​ដប់​ ​ម្លប់​គ្រប​មាត់​ស្ទឹង​ ​បង​ឈរ​ស្ងៀមធ្មឹង
​ឈរ​ចាំ​ព្រលឹង​ ​ស្ងាត់ឈឹង​លុះលង់រាត្រី
​​អូន​ភ្លេច​វាចា​ ​ដែល​បាន​សន្យា​ពីថ្ងៃ​
​​ថា​ម៉ោង​ប្រាំបី​ ​ស្រី​មក​ជួប​បង ។​

III. ឥឡូវ​បាត់សូន្យ​ ​ដូន​ក្បូន​រសាត់​
​ទឹក​កួច​សំណាត់​ ​ហូរ​លឿន​កន្លង​
​បុណ្យផ្កា​វត្ត​ពោធិ​ ​នៅ​មិនទាន់​ឆ្លង​
​​មិនគួរ​នួនល្អង​ ​បែ្រខ្នង​សូន្យសោះ ។​

IV. ភ្លេង​ការ​គ្រឹមៗ​ ​ពី​ទួល​តា​ឯក​ ​ក្លាយ​ពីខ្លងខែក​
​នារី​ពស់វែក​ ​បិទ​ភ្នែក​រៀបការ​នឹង​ប្រុស​
​បង​ឈរ​មាត់​ស្ទឹង​ ​ប្រឹង​យំ​រងំ​ក្នុង​ពោះ​
​លា​ស្រី​ស្រោម​ងោះ​ ​ឈ្មោះ​ក្នុង​ជា​ខ្លា ។​

បន្ទរ៖ III-IV

No comments:

Post a Comment